|Bread Winners courtyard|
In addition to generous tastings at several hand-picked eateries, each fully-narrated walking tour includes historical attractions and anecdotes as guides share the stories behind each locale.
Participants of the Uptown Dallas Food Tour can expect delicious sit down tastings at a collection of area restaurants, historic commentary, and a scenic stroll down McKinney Avenue to the West Village Shopping District.
The walking tour also includes a look at community theaters and art galleries, and the State Thomas Historic District, which contains the largest collection of 1880’s Victorian homes in Dallas. The tour ends with an optional ride on Uptown’s antique trolley cars.
|Learn the history of the Bellini at Sfuzzi|
- Generous restaurant tastings, come hungry!
- Entertaining stories of the rich history and culture of Dallas.
- The McKinney Avenue Trolley of Uptown, a restored antique rail car system with the oldest running trolley car in the nation.
- The West Village Shopping District, the heart of Dallas’ Uptown Neighborhood.
- The State Thomas Historic District – Dallas’ oldest surviving neighborhood and largest collection of 1880’s Victorian homes.
- Dallas’ oldest and most notable cemeteries.
- Independent community theaters and contemporary art galleries.
- Food Tours of America, locally owned and dedicated solely to food tours!
|McKinney Ave. Trolley|
Food Tours of America can provide up to seven guided tours daily, and specializes in customized private events for corporations, wedding and event planners, and individual groups of any size. Food and beverages tastings, as well as cultural attractions are all included in the $45 cost per person.
“Food tours are sweeping the nation, but so far, Dallas’ food scene has been unrepresented. By offering Uptown Dallas’ first walking food tour, we hope to provide a unique opportunity for visitors and locals alike to enjoy the diverse cuisine and rich history and culture that drive our vibrant city,” says Director of Sales and Marketing Jodi Philippson.
I took a media preview of this tour last week and had a thoroughly delightful time. It's a lot of delicious food and cocktails to more than fill you up, you learn interesting facts about our city I never knew and you walk off all the calories you are consuming throughout the night! I wouldn't recommend this for children as it is a LOT of walking.
What: Uptown's First Walking Food Tour
When: Starting Saturday, June 9, 2012, and continuing on weekends and some weekdays
Tours begin late morning to early afternoon and last approximately 2.5 hours
Where: Uptown - meeting location information is sent with ticket purchase
How Much: $45 per ticket. Click here to purchase your ticket!