|CBS 11 Anchor Tracy Kornet, Former Dallas Cowboys Running|
Back Preston Pearson & CBS 11’s Gina Miller
Foodies and football fans huddled up at the Omni Hotel's Trinity Ballroom to take a bite out of childhood hunger at the eighth annual “party with a purpose,” aiming to raise its one-millionth dollar in 2012.
This year’s Tailgate Party had all the ingredients of a winning evening, including: 20 gourmet food stations from chefs representing some of DFW’s hottest restaurants and purveyors (see list below); Current and former Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders; Live music by Emerald City and a silent and live auction.
“I am proud to Co-Chair this winning team, and to support this great event as it looks to raise its one millionth dollar in 2012 to feed North Texas kids in need,” said Chad Hennings, former Dallas Cowboy #95.
|Live auction with Auctioneer and Chef Kent Rathbun of Abacus with his kids|
The following star chefs took time out from their own kitchens to participate:
- Kent Rathbun – Kent Rathbun Concepts: Abacus, Jasper’s, Rathbun’s Blue Plate Kitchen, & KB’s WoodFire Grill
- Sean Merchant – Bob’s Steak and Chop House, Omni Dallas Hotel
- Jake Law & Sarah Katherine Francis – Cavallini Coffee & Tea
- Graham Dodds – Central 214, Hotel Palomar Dallas
- David Holben – Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Bronwen Weber – Frosted Art Bakery & Studio
- Matt McCallister – FT 33
- Orazio LaManna – Legends Hospitality, Cowboys Stadium
- Anthony Bombaci – Nana, Hilton Anatole Hotel
- Rodman Shields – Nick & Sam’s Steakhouse
- James Williams – North Texas Food Bank, Community Kitchen
- Leslie Beach – The Owner’s Box, Omni Dallas Hotel
- James Johnson – Pappas Bros. Steakhouse
- The Saxton Group – Pinkberry
- Jaime Corona – Place at Perry’s
- Tiffany Derry – Private Social
- Shuji Sugawara – Shinsei
- James Mockerman – Sullivan’s Steakhouse
- Gilbert Garza – Suze Restaurant
- TJ Lengnick – Whiskey Cake
- Daniel Nemec – Woodfire by Kirby’s (Dallas) & Kirby’s Prime Steakhouse (Southlake)
|Sue Calvery with Dallas Cowboys Coach Rob Ryan|
“This fun evening has become a springtime tradition, and we are grateful to be on the receiving end of the enormous generosity of our amazing hosts, a great lineup of talented chefs and dedicated sponsors,” said Jan Pruitt, president and CEO of the North Texas Food Bank. “You are helping to elevate the issue of hunger as our organization works to raise funds to provide healthier, more nutritious options to families in need of food assistance.”
All event proceeds will go towards supporting NTFB’s children’s programs including: the Food 4 Kids backpack, Kids Cafe and pantry programs, which aim to tackle childhood hunger here in North Texas.