|(top left) Monica Greene and Cynthia Smoot (top right) Tara Harper and John Brodrick |
(bottom) Father and his kiddos enjoy the event
Host Preston Pearson and Master of Ceremonies Scott Murray were back again to help Paws In The City raise funds to rescue dogs and cats set to be euthanized at the city shelters in last Saturday's 5th annual Top Hat & Tails Gala.
The event featured a silent auction and seated dinner but the real entertainment was a dance competition that paired local celebrities with Arthur Murray dance instructors ala ABC’s Dancing With the Stars. Each couple performed one dance routine. Steve Kemble, Drew Pearson and Claudia Marshall from Arthur Murray Studios comprised a celebrity panel of judges awarded scores based on style and performance. Guests could also vote for their favorites. The female contestants wore dazzling costumes actually worn on the ABC hit show.
|Ron Corning, Melissa Newton, Monica Greene and Shelly Slater|
|(top left) Linda Armstrong and partner (top right) Steve Noviello and partner (bottom) Rodney Anderson and partner|
This year's celebrity dancers were:
- Rodney Anderson, Executive Director of Supreme Lending
- Ron Corning, host of WFAA's Daybreak
- Lynae Fearing, co-owner of Shinsei restaurant
- Monica Greene, owner of Monica's Nueva Cocina and Mi Lounge
- Linda Armstrong, Mother of Lance Armstrong and motivational speaker
- Melissa Newton, CBS 11 reporter
- Steve Noviello, Fox 4 consumer reporter
- Shelly Slater, WFAA anchor/reporter
Congrats to WFAA's SHELLY SLATER who took home the "Lucy Trophy" this year with fantastic performance!!
photos courtesy of Peter Wynne aka "Plano Pete"