|photo provided by Dallas Children's Theater|
This summer, all youth entering kindergarten through grade twelve are invited to participate in a hat design contest in honor of Dallas Children's Theater's 30th anniversary season. One winning entry for each show in the 2013-2014 season will be chosen, and the winning hat will actually appear on stage in that show! Readers of this website know how much I love to wear a hat! Any excuse to don a chapeau and I am so there!
Following the popularity of last season’s “Pinkalicious The Musical” costume design contest, DCT continues to do its part to cheer on aspiring designers by making their creative dreams a reality. Eleven winners will help build their hat with DCT’s resident designer, Emmy nominated Lyle Huchton. Winners will also receive a bio in the show program, four tickets to opening night and recognition on the stage. And EVERYONE who submits an entry will have their beautiful design prominently displayed in DCT’s lobby for the entire season. At the conclusion of the season, the winning hats will be auctioned off in a fundraiser benefiting DCT.
Submitting is simple. Just follow DCT’s Six Easy Steps:
1) Pull out your favorite colors, papers, pens, pencils, paints, glitter, glue, fabric, magazine clippings – any medium you like!
2) Look at DCT’s Inspiration Kit at www.dct.org/hatcontest to see the shows and design requests.
3) Put your hat design ideas on paper. You can choose one show or design hats for all eleven.
4) Download, print and fill out DCT’s registration form, which can be found at www.dct.org/hatcontest.
5) Mail or deliver your paper design(s) and registration form to: Dallas Children’s Theater, Hat Design Contest, 5938 Skillman Street, Dallas, Texas 75231.
6) All entries must be RECEIVED by 5pm on Monday, July 15.
Winners will be announced on Friday, August 2. Questions? Call 214-740-0051. Visit www.dct.org/hatcontest for complete details and tips.