The Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau (Dallas CVB) held its 2013 Annual Meeting at Centennial in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center at Southern Methodist University last week. Here is some of the exciting news they announced:
- For the first time, Dallas is ranked as the fifth top U.S. destination for meetings and conventions
- Dallas achieved a new record of 31 booked citywide meetings and conventions resulting in 1.5 million future room nights. This represents the most citywide meetings in the bureau’s 55 year history.
- A record 6.9 total million room nights were sold in the city of Dallas in FY 2012/2013, an increase of 22.5 percent from ten years ago.
- The number of room nights booked by the Dallas CVB are 250 percent of what was booked ten years ago.
- The Marketing and Communications team successfully launched the $4.3 million Big Things Happen Here campaign, securing 132 million media impressions with .12 percent click-through-rate.
- VisitDallas.com visits increased by 62 percent with more than 1.82 million unique visitors. Facebook fans increased 555 percent to 64,149 and Twitter followers increased by 92 percent to 9,600.
- Dallas CVB Tourism secured the highest number of room nights in the department’s history with more than 135,700 room nights.
- The number of international visitors arriving into Dallas Fort Worth International Airport increased by 22 percent by support of the Bureau’s tourism team working closely with buyers, travel trade and airport partners to offer new nonstop flights to many international destinations including Asia.
Congrats to the Dallas CVB for getting the word about all around the world about what a phenomenal city this is to live, work and raise a family.