photo Sterling Steves
After the death of her oldest son, Yvonne Crum sought a way to bring attention and understanding to the usually taboo subject of suicide. Through the Suicide and Crisis Center Fresh Faces of Fashion program, she paired the unlikely topics of suicide and fashion together and created an annual event in partnership with Modern Luxury, Stanley Korshak and Park Place Motorcars that has raised more than $1 million in its first five years.
Earlier this year, Modern Luxury decided to take Fresh Faces in another direction, so Crum chose to take her vision, freshen it up, and has partnered with Beverly Drive Magazine to create Fashion Stars for a Cause.
She explains, "Fashion Stars For A Cause will be an annual event with seated dinner and fashion-themed with a big focus on the cause of suicide prevention and how it has an impact in the community. One of the big changes (from fresh Faces of Fashion) is that we will be having small luncheon get togethers with the Fashion Stars, inviting guests that want to hear more about the cause and tour the center." There will also be a gala dinner at Dallas Country Club on March 21, 2014.
Pick up the December issue of Beverly Drive magazine (you can find it all over Highland Park Village) to catch your first look at the inaugural class of Fashion Stars For A Cause. They include:
- Robin Brock - SMU Student
- Regina Bruce - CFM/CSNA at Merrill Lynch
- Ashley Burghardt - Owner and Designer of Ashard Richley
- Britt Harless - Designer & CEO of Bohem Unique Gems
- Janee Harrell-Hill - Television Producer (Host & Motivational Speaker)
- Antonia Hubert - Partner at NuPointe Group
- Toni Munoz-Hunt - Model/Writer
- Hilary Kennedy - TV Host, Style Blogger
- Rhonda Marcus - Entrepreneur, Children's Show Producer
- Carla Miller - Stella & Dot Independent Stylist
- Alex Small - SMU Student and Fashion Blogger
- Cynthia Smoot - PR/Social Media Strategist and Lifestyle Blogger
You can join me at the kickoff party for this event on December 13, 6-9pm, at PlaneSmart Aviation Hangar, 15841 Addison Road, Addison, TX 75001. Meet all of this year's Fashion Stars, sip champs and nibble on tasty bites and learn more about plans for this exciting new event. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Can't find time to pick up a hard copy? Visit Beverly Drive online to read the digital edition for free. It is downloadable and printable.