There will be hits and misses. There will be moments where I gasp in horror (usually at Helena Bonham Carter) and ooh and ahhh in adoration (usually over the likes of Julianne Moore, Gwyneth Paltrow and Cate Blanchett). There are always fashion surprises and that's what makes this evening such a fashionistas dream come true!!
While Hollywood's stars will have spent weeks starving themselves, getting facials and meeting with their stylist to find the perfect dress - I will be watching this extravaganza from the comfort of my couch at home, probably in a ratty pair of sweats, with no makeup on eating lots of snacks. I like to live vicariously and let them do all the hard work.
M&M'S® asked me to tell you about ways you could incorporate America's favorite snack into your Oscar watching experience, so here are a few ideas to make your viewing party more enjoyable (even if it's just a party of one). M&M’S® will be commemorating the biggest night in Hollywood by debuting a commercial on national TV that shows M&M’S characters invading the movies. Be sure to watch for it! For those of you who might be fortunate enough to be going to The Oscars, or perhaps a fancy Oscar-watching soiree, I asked Mr. Red what his best red carpet tip was. He sent me a video to share with you:
Here are a few ways you can use M&M'S to make your Academy Awards viewing more enjoyable:
1) Popcorn and the movies go hand in hand. To give this traditional treat a little Oscars flair, add a package (or three) of M&M'S Milk Chocolate or M&M'S Peanut to a bowl of popcorn and mix it up for a salty/sweet combination that is sure to be a hit. To add a bit more crunch, you can also toss in some pretzels!
2) Let's take that popcorn idea one step further. Every kid young or old loves Rice Krispie treats. Take that classic recipe and add in a 12 oz. bag of M&M'S Milk Chocolate candies for a yummy treat. You can find a great recipe here.
3) If you are a chocolate lover, then you probably have a weakness for Brownies. Buy a box of your favorite mix at the store and then add however many M&M'S you'd like! You can stir them directly into the mix before you bake it - or just sprinkle them on top.
4) I am a cookie monster. I love all kinds of cookies, but M&M'S Sugar Cookies are one of my favorites. You can click here for a traditional recipe, here for a gluten free recipe or if you'd like a dairy free recipe, click here.
5) You can always stick to the trade and true way of enjoying M&M'S. Whether your favorite kind is M&M'S Milk Chocolate, M&M'S Peanut or M&M'S Crispy - just rip open a bag and pour it directly into your mouth!
With their colorful candy shells and delicious flavors, M&M’S make any special occasion sweeter. Do you have a favorite way to eat M&M'S? Let me know about it in the comments below! Happy viewing (and eating!)
This post was brought to you by M&M'S. While I did receive compensation for authoring this post; product selections, descriptions, and opinions are 100% my own. Interested in a sponsored post or product review? Contact me for rates and details.