photos by Lincoln Motor Co. and OSC
The Lincoln Continental has had a starring role in many Hollywood films, pop culture and in political circles. As the NY Post pointed out in a 2015 article, Elvis Presley drove one, in “The Godfather,” Sonny Corleone was assassinated in one as he drove one up to the Long Beach causeway toll booth — and it was known as the car that shuttled US presidents around Washington and the world. Retired since 2002, the automobile brand synonymous with luxury was brought back by Lincoln for 2017 as its top-of-the-line sedan. And boy did they overhaul it! I was lucky enough to spend a recent afternoon with Lincoln executives and got to drive a 2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label. The new Lincoln MKZ combines intuitive technology, effortless performance and distinctive design to deliver an enhanced driving experience Lincoln calls #QuietLuxury. The new Lincoln MKZ is designed to appeal to those who are looking for something different in the luxury market. From the placement of technology features such as the push-button gear shift to reimagined interior spaces including the floating center console, drivers can relish in discovering an unexpected experience based on intelligent function and beautiful form that offers, above all, an enjoyable drive.
Here are a few of the features I was impressed by:
- An auto hold feature keeps the car at a complete stop without the driver having to press and hold the brake pedal – making stop-and-go driving more relaxing for MKZ owners.
- Available enhanced park assist uses ultrasonic sensors to help Lincoln MKZ seamlessly steer itself into a parallel or perpendicular parking spot. The car can assist with park-out as needed.
- Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection is an available technology that can help avoid some frontal crashes, or lessen the severity of such events.
- Inside, engineers paid particular attention to the sound and feel of new switches and dials that replace slider adjustments for easier control of ventilation and audio functions for new Lincoln MKZ customers. Commonly used buttons and USB ports are now even easier to access.
- Lincoln MKZ’s available fully retractable panoramic glass roof offers the largest open-air roof among sedans.
The Lincoln Motor Company has also just become the official luxury vehicle our The Dallas Cowboys. Sponsoring “America’s Team” makes sense, says Kumar Galhotra, president of The Lincoln Motor Company. “Football is about memories, about savoring the pleasure of the day and the game,” he says. “And Lincoln is about creating warm, personally crafted experiences for its clients.” Proving that football can be more than just beer and brats. It can be a luxurious, stress-free ride to the stadium where your favorite team is playing, a convenient parking spot is waiting, and a valet meets you at the door. It can be an comfortable transition from the Perfect Position Seat in your new Lincoln vehicle to the world-class hospitality of the Founders Club at AT&T Stadium, where views of the gridiron are unmatched.
Disclaimer: This post was brought to you by The Lincoln Motor Co. While I did receive compensation for authoring this post; product selections, descriptions, and opinions are my own.